PocketWizard Nikon Beta Firmware Released
Nikon shooters may be interested to note PocketWizard has released beta firmware version 3.110 for the PocketWizard MiniTT1 and FlexTT5. What follows is the Beta Firmware Release Bulletin from The Beta Lab. Please read everything carefully, including Nikon compatibility issues, before you decide to install this beta software.
PLEASE NOTE: This release is Nikon Beta Firmware Release 3.110, providing compatibility with D4, D800 and D800E cameras and the SB-910.
June 21, 2012
ControlTL MiniTT1 / FlexTT5 Nikon Beta Firmware
Beta Firmware Version: 3.110
Intro: Beta Firmware Version 3.110 addresses some improvements we have made since the launch of ControlTL Firmware Beta version 3.022.
Please report any problems with this beta version to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: This new beta firmware requires that you use PocketWizard Utility version 1.35 or later. It is available here. Upgrade to the latest Utility first, then upgrade your radios’ firmware.
When updating firmware, be sure to update all of your radios to the latest version, which is 3.110 for the MiniTT1 and the FlexTT5 for Nikon. Your radios will only operate as expected when all units are using the latest firmware.
Previously used settings or saved profiles cannot be automatically reloaded after installing the new 3.110 firmware. Make sure to copy down any important settings before loading the firmware because the PocketWizard Utility will perform a factory reset once the installation is complete.
PocketWizard Utility and Factory Reset Note:
Always perform a factory reset after updating your firmware. The PocketWizard Utility performs a factory reset automatically when you upgrade the firmware. It also has a Factory Reset button on the Update tab which additionally simplifies factory reset. You can also perform a Factory Reset with the radio: See RESET B here, or simply hold TEST before you power on your radio and continue to hold TEST for 10 seconds until you see 4 blinks (green).
New Key Features:
Compatibility with new Nikon equipment:
The following new Nikon gear is supported in this beta firmware release:
- D4 Camera
- D800 Camera
- D800E Camera
- SB-910 Speedlight
This equipment will work in the ControlTL® system similarly to previous Nikon equipment.
Please review the general Nikon Operational Considerations on the PocketWizard Wiki.
Special note: When using the D800 and D800E with the ControlTL system, these cameras may experience some flash clipping when using wide aperture lenses like the 50mm/1.4 at the fastest shutter speeds when stopped down to f:18 or narrower. This phenomenon is being investigated.
- Corrected a situation where pressing TEST after making a settings change on a MASTER flash would cause remote flashes to not trigger until the camera went through a sleep/wake cycle.
- Fixed a bug where a Speedlight on Zone C would occasionally cause an over-exposure. - Improved D7000 HyperSyncTM operation. - Improved Pre-Flash operation across all zones.
- Fixed a bug where an SB-800 would strobe as the camera wakes.
- Corrected SB-800 EV adjustments when used as a master (bug introduced in 3.022, corrected in 3.110).
- Improved Aperture Priority combined with Rear Curtain Sync operation.
- Corrected FlexTT5 Pre-Trigger operation when used as a remote camera trigger with an ACC cable in Basic Trigger Mode with a MultiMAX.