A childhood love of playing sports has been parlayed into a photographic career by Mike Nowak in Southern California. At high school in east San Diego, his love of playing sports was augmented by helping to document those sports. As he got involved with each new athletic endeavor, he would spend some time photographing it, starting with body boarding and surfing. His other major interest was college football at San Diego State. While shooting the players, he learned some portraiture techniques, worked with some other photographers, and began developing his own style.
- Portraits of Vermonters by Caleb Kenna May 21st, 2013
- May Tech Tip: What’s That For, PocketWizard? May 17th, 2013
- Matt Hill’s Paper Burlesque & Night Paper Project (NSFW) May 16th, 2013
- The Invisible Second Shooter! May 14th, 2013
- Moving Fast with Melody Hood May 13th, 2013
- Tutu Project Event Starts Pink Plus III Auctions May 10th, 2013
- Mark Wallace Rides with the PlusX May 6th, 2013
Tell Us Your Story
Want to learn more?
Other Cool Stuff
Tag CloudAC3 ZoneController behind the scenes Bob Carey Chris Garrison contest ControlTL Dave Schmidt environmental portraiture Firmware FlexTT5 Fstoppers how-to HyperSync Joe Brady Keith Pytlinski LPA Design mark wallace MiniTT1 MultiMAX mwtour news nikon off-camera flash Plus II Plus III PlusX PocketWizard portrait photography PowerST4 press release remote camera triggering Review Sekonic speedlight sports photography strobist The Tutu Project video Webinar Wedding Photography winner wireless flash wireless triggering Workshop WPPI