Erik Valind, previously featured on our blog, has an exciting workshop currently roaming the country through October. If you’re looking for instruction on fast and mobile applications of off-camera flash, this looks to be your ticket.
Valind will have live models and will cover the following topics:
- The characteristics of light and how it behaves
- Creative ways to control and direct light using modifiers on- and off-camera
- Camera settings that control light
- Wireless triggering using PocketWizard radios
- Gelling your flash for both color correction and dramatic effect
- Practical tips to help you overcome some of the most common worst-case lighting scenarios
Full details on Shaping Light: A Small Flash Workshop Tour can be found here, including dates and locations.
All images and quotes in this post are used with permission and ©Erik Valind, all rights reserved; story is ©PocketWizard. Please respect and support photographers’ rights. Feel free to link to this blog post, but please do not replicate or re-post elsewhere without written permission.